The Environment Agency has become involved following numerous complaints from residents in and around Ardley about the unpleasant smells emanating from the composting facility.
If you have any complaint about odour, please contact the Environment Agency’s incident hotline on 0800 80 70 60. This is a freephone, 24 hour service.
When calling the hotline please provide as much of the following information as possible:
- When did you first notice the problem?
- When was it worst? Is it ocurring now?
- What are the weather conditions like?
- What did it smell like?
- Is the problem constant or intermittant?
- How intense is the odour on a scale of 1-6? (1 being no odour, 6 being extremely strong odour)