Minutes of Fritwell Parish Council Annual Parish Meeting held on Monday, 18th May 2015 following the AGM in the Village Hall
Present: Councillors Ultsch, Foster, Reeves, Rooth, Stillgoe, Barlow. District Councillor Kerford Byrnes (arrived 8:55pm), Colin Smith, Jenny Paviour, Mike and Rosemary Dockrey Jenny Edgecombe, Alistair and Glynis Lowdon, Hope Price and the Clerk.
- Apologies: District Councillor Macnamara, Police Constable Caroline Brown and Tony Zinopoulis.
- Minutes of APM held on Monday, 19th May 2014
Read, agreed and signed by the Chair as a true record.
- Matters Arising from the Minutes
- Pond: The interim repairs were acknowledged as a great improvement although it was noted that final repairs will not be completed until 2019.
- Cherwell Local Plan: Progress has been slow but it is hoped that this will be agreed by the end of May 2015.
- Mid Cherwell Neighbourhood Plan: The area for the plan has been approved by Cherwell District Council and the Plan is now in the process of being drafted. Interest groups will be formed and representation from Fritwell will be vitally important.
- Raghouse Lane: The position of a large trailer on the verge continues to cause concern. Various authorities have refused to help move the container.
- Financial Report and Matters
The annual accounts were presented and accepted.
- Public Participation
- Glynis Lowdon commented that after all the difficulties caused by the asbestos collected during the annual Spring Clean, operatives from Cherwell District Council collected it without hazardous waste precautions.
- Flytipping (a mattress and carpet) has been noted, since the Spring Clean, on the Souldern Road, just beyond the motorway bridge on the right, heading away from Fritwell. Action: Clerk to notify CDC to arrange for its removal.
- Colin Smith: Raised the issue of the sewerage facility. He noted that recent repairs have been successful in reducing the number of tankers visiting the site but raised concerns about the impact of further development in the village. Councillor Ultsch explained that sewerage is the responsibility of Anglian Water and that Fritwell Parish Council has established regular communications with them.
- Colin Smith also requested that residents be made aware of planning applications at the earliest opportunity. Councillor Ultsch explained that these are minuted at every meeting and that minutes are routinely posted on the website. Residents can also view applications by appointment with the Clerk. Additionally, planning applications can be scrutinised via the Cherwell District Council website. Councillor Ultsch continued to explain that the delays on approval of the Local Plan are still causing problems.
- Colin Smith expressed his best wishes to the new Parish Councillors.
- Mike Dockrey (Retiring RFO) provided notes for guidance to assist the new Responsible Finance Officer and Clerk, who will meet to arrange handover of documentation and processes.
- Mike Dockrey will also continue to mark out burial plots in the Cemetery for the time being.
- Councillor Reeves added that her family could provide backup cover for grass mowing if necessary.
- District Councillor Mike Kerford Byrnes explained about the Electoral Commission requirement for new ward boundaries to be established to equate electorate numbers as far as possible. Thus Fritwell will now become part of the 3 Councillor super-ward of Deddington. He added that significant financial savings by CDC have resulted in the District part of the Council Tax for residents being kept at the same level for the previous six years. These savings have been brought about by shared service provision with South Northamptonshire and with Stratford councils. He indicated that this has been so successful that further services will now be shared. He also highlighted the many recent awards won by CDC, in particular Best Housing Authority in the Country 2015. CDC are assuming that all Government grants will be cut by 2020. They are budgeting with this in mind and are planning to foster business development in the area as business rates and new homes bonuses will be considerable sources of income in the future. He thanked Fritwell Parish Council for their continued support.
Dates of Next Meeting: Monday, 13th July 2015, Monday 28th September 2015 and Monday 7th December 2015, all at 7.30pm in the Village Hall.